Friday, January 15, 2010

January Thoughts...

Lately, I have been encouraged by the prophets, Isaiah & Jeremiah. These texts in particular impacted me:

"Now the word of the Lord came to me [Jeremiah], saying,

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."

Then I said, "Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth."

But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 1:4-8

[Isaiah speaking in the presence of the Lord] "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!"

Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for."

And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:5-8

Although at times I feel so inadequate, I am thankful that God continues and chooses to use us. Despite our failures, despite our shortcomings, He continues to strengthen and equip us to do the work of His Kingdom. I am so thankful for all of your prayers and partnership in the advancing of the Gospel at Iowa State! God is moving in the hearts and lives of students, and it is a privilege to be involved.

Please specifically pray for:

1. Women's Event-Overnight and Women's Conference at a local church in Ames. Pray for women to desire to come, grow in community and faith with one another.
2. Larch Women's Bible Study-I have 4 faithful women that I am meeting with weekly to study 1 Thessalonians. Pray that lives would be touched by the Word of God!
3. Ethiopia-We will be taking ISU students on a missions trip to Ethiopia this summer. Pray for God to raise up laborers at Iowa State who desire to advance His Kingdom in the lives of others overseas.

Thank you again for your prayers, and I pray the Scriptures would encourage you to have the heart of Isaiah as well in saying, "Here am I Lord, send me!" May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you, and may you be faithful and obedient to His call on your life. God bless!

In Christ,
Sarah Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment